POCA Wong Siu Ching Secondary School: My first day of school in Gracemount High School!



I definitely enjoy the first day of school. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw their school was really huge compared to ours in Hong Kong. They even got a huge field which must be very comfortable to have PE lessons. The second thing is that the lessons are freer. For example, during the free period, students can do whatever they like. They can even get out of school. I enjoy the freedom they have very much. The third thing is that there are not really many people in one class. There are only ten people in the class. I think that is actually quite good for students’ learning as the teacher can take care of every student. Students can follow the teacher better too. However, the subjects my buddy taking are not the subjects I am taking. So, I have to really try my best to understand what they are going through. Other than the studies, let me share something personal. We got on time to school. The weather was quite cold. Fortunately, I have got used to it. For lunch, I had a pizza and it’s free and delicious! Perhaps the school paid for us. The students there are nice too. They share lots of things in Scotland with us. After lessons, I played badminton with the students there. Although I am bad at badminton, I enjoyed it. After that, I went back home with my buddy. It was raining and the wind was really big. It was so cold. Anyway, I enjoy it a lot on the first day. I had a great time here. I am looking forward to the second school day. I am sure that I will have a more meaningful and fascinating day.

S5 Oscar Lam

POCA Wong Siu Ching Secondary School
Host school: Gracemount High School, Scotland


Comments