Wong Shiu Chi Secondary School: It was just great!

   On the first two days of my arrival, they who are my host family members were so nice and passionate to me when they first met me. All of them were good people and they made me feel warm even though it was 10°C out there.
    On the first day of my arrival, we were at the airport and I was worrying about not able to find them in short. But the truth was totally opposite to what I was thinking about because they held up a sign that has my name on it and I was shocked that they were actually that passionate. I was the first to locate my host family, but few minutes later, all students had managed to find their host and we gathered around to have a photo. After that we went home to settle ourselves down. The weather was freezing cold, the wind has made it even colder than it already is. Luckily, we had a car to drive with so it was not so bad after all.
  We have had our lunch of yummy sandwiches when we got home. What I liked most was the tuna and sweetcorn sandwich because I loved eating fish and corns. They asked about things in Hong Kong and told me things about the culture in Scotland, and what got me the most curious about is the haggis. They said that it was a legendary animal and people cooked them as a kind of dish. I was already mouth-watering and i could not wait to taste it. Susan also showed me everything like the room I'll be living in for this week the toilets the kitchen and so on. They were so organized that I felt guilty for me not tidying my own room back in Hong Kong. 
    On the second day, we walked our dog Luna in the morning along the Portobello beach and she was excited when she dropped out the car. The beach was windy and was cold, but Luna was scared of nothing, not even the cold water she dived in. I had to out my hands into my packets all the time and I could not get them out as it was too cold to do so. I felt sad because I have worn the wrong shoes to the beach. I was in my white sneakers which had become dirty after the walk, since they were my favorite sneakers, I have wiped them utterly after we have got back home for a short break. Then we're going out again to the town, Prince Street.
   We travelled there by bus and we have walked to different places and shops. We first dropped by an art gallery which i knew nothing about it as it was too abstract for me to understand. Then we went to do some shopping and I have bought myself a white jumper which really does look good on me. I think I am going to buy a sneaker in one of the shops here as I always wanted to have a new one.

   Before we get to go home, we played some golf in an indoor area that was newly opened. It was divided into three zones with a warm-up one and a wizard zone. I enjoyed it much and had so much entertained by playing with Ben. We had hotdogs afterwards. We also went to a Harry Potter shop that exhibits so many things showed up in the movie. Then we headed back home straight by bus and had our dinner. This was a tiring day.


Adrian Ho

S5 Wong Shiu Chi Secondary School
Host school: Liberton High School, Scotland


Comments

Popular Posts