Hong Kong Taoist Association The Yuen Yuen Institute No.1 Secondary School: We were thrilled!



On the first day, I felt excited because this is my first time to visit Europe. I met my friends at Starbucks at the airport for a drink. Several hours later, we got on a plane to Dubai. On the plane, it was a hard time for me because I could not sleep well while we were on the plane. However, all of my friends were asleep. There was one thing that made me feel not so bad on the plane was as the service of the cabin crews of the Emirates. I have already heard their thoughtful service, but I had never thought that I could enjoy their services. I did yesterday!

Another several hours later, we arrived in Dubai. I knew that Dubai is a rich country. That is why I always wanted to visit it once. I left the plane with an excited mood. When I was small, I always wondered that what I would be like if I lived in Dubai.
However, the Dubai International Airport did not correspond with my imagination. I only felt like I just stepped into any shopping malls in Hong Kong. Dubai International Airport does not have that luxury decor, but it has not given me the feeling of the special design of what Hong Kong international airport makes  me feel. After a bit of disappointment, I bought a sandwich and sat down to kill time.
Following the announcement of boarding,  we got on a plane again. However, this time we were going to Edinburgh. Maybe because of the sandwich, I felt well on the plane this time. When I woke up, there was only two hours left. I watched a movie and the remains time passed so quickly.
  Two hours later, I met my host family's mother, called Janet. She drove me to their home and told me that we didn’t have any special activities to do. I played with Ozzy, a cute Weston Terrier pet dog. After that I slept after dinner time.
  On the second day, I went to stay with my friend's host family. We arrived at Britannia, a historical Royal yacht now parking in Edinburgh. And tonight, we enjoyed the fireworks show and I had been looking forward to it. It was great to enjoy fireworks live! 



S5 Tobias Leung 

Hong Kong Taoist Association The Yuen Yuen Institute No.1 Secondary School
Host school: Royal High School, Scotland

Comments

Popular Posts