Law Ting Ping Secondary School: The first Saturday and Sunday of the journey - the flying experience and the fascinating city Edinburgh



2nd November, 2019


Dear diary,


         I was so excited to finally get to go to Edinburgh. We got on the plane at 00:35 and needed to sit in the plane for nine hours, luckily the plane was an A380 and the seats were a little bit wider. Shortly after the take-off, the flight attendants finally came with food. I was so glad because I was starving.


         Eight hours later, the plane finally landed and we arrived at the Dubai International Airport. The next flight was in three hours, so we got some free time to walk around. I walked with Bianca while the others rested at some chairs near the gate. We got to see a lot of cool souvenirs but we did’t have the currency to buy anything. Not long after, our plane was finally boarding, we quickly went to line up.


          The plane was a little smaller than the one in the first trip. I spent all the time watching movies after the plane took off while the ones next to me were sleeping. The breakfast came after the first movie and it was delicious, I finished it all. After breakfast, I watched a few more movies and went to sleep. Some other passengers in front of us were so excited about the rugby match broadcast live on the plane TV, they started yelling and clapping their hands when their favourite team scored a point.

       About nine hours later, we finally arrived at Edinburgh. We then left to meet the Deputy Head Teacher of the host school Mr Jeff Warden to lead us back to the school. Zoey’s host family came to fetch her from the airport because she needed to head off to Glasgow immediately for a FOOTBALL MATCH SEMI-FINAL!!!

         We went to the James Gillespie High School with Mr Warden and met our host families. I realised that the weather wasn’t as cold as I thought. We got home with our host families and unpacked. Then, we headed off for sightseeing. Although it’s dark outside but we still got to see the view and the buildings with the lights at night were astonishing. We visited some souvenir shops and walked around in the streets of Edinburgh, it was freezing cold. I was still adapting to the weather here. We went home when it’s still early, but time passed quick as we played some board games with our host families. It was already ten when I checked the time so we all went to shower and then to bed. 

       Today feels like forever when we were being kept in the planes, but the time spent with my host family after I have arrived was really good! I got to know more about the family members and learnt about the places in Edinburgh, like the streets, the shops and the attractions. While my host family was driving through Edinburgh, they introduced the streets and what Scotland is famous for, I learnt a lot! Not to mention, their family was really big, they are talkative and fun, so it is easy to get along.

It was a fun day but I hope I can get to know more people here and get to learn more about this place. 

S3 Cass Au

Law Ting Pong Secondary School
Host school : James Gillespie's High School, Edinburgh



Comments